(Antivirus in German)
AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic
for Windows 98/Me and XP (XP&2000&NT) Linux/OpenBSD/FreeBSD/Solaris
* NEW: Adware/Spyware detection
* Fully automated update function
* Exclusive download server
* New graphic user interface
* Scan function for directories
* Cooperation with the Auerbach foundation
* free Support by AntiVir Bulletin Board
MS Windows XP/2000/NT/Me/98
The latest version of avast! antivirus kernel features outstanding detection abilities, together with high performance. You can expect 100% detection of In-the-Wild viruses (viruses already spreading between users) and excellent detection of Trojan horses.
Simple User Interface
P2P and IM Shields
Integrated Virus Cleaner
Support for 64-bit Windows
AVG Free Edition is the well-known anti-virus protection tool. AVG Free is available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product! Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high-level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers. AVG Free is easy-to-use and will not slow your system down (low system resource requirements).
* Automatic update functionality
* The AVG Resident Shield, which provides real-time protection as files are opened and programs are run
* The AVG E-mail Scanner, which protects your e-mail
* The AVG On-Demand Scanner, which allows the user to perform scheduled and manual tests
* Free Virus Database Updates for the lifetime of the product
* AVG Virus Vault for safe handling of infected files
* Great customer satisfaction!
a-squared Free (a2-malware-list)
(German, English u.a.)
a-squared (a-squared) is a complementary product to antivirus software and desktop firewalls on MS Windows computers. Antivirus software specializes in detecting classic viruses. Many available products have weaknesses in detecting other malicious software (Malware) like Trojans, Dialers, Worms and Spyware (Adware). a-squared fills the gap that malware writers exploit.
Windows 98, NT-SP6, Me, 2000, XP (German, English)
BitDefender 8 Free Edition is your chance to use one of the world's most effective antivirus engines for free! BitDefender 8 Free Edition is an on-demand virus scanner, which is best used in a system recovery or forensics role. If you are on an "always-on" Internet connection, we strongly advise you to consider using a more complex antivirus solution.
* Virus scanning and removal
* Scheduled scanning
* Immediate scanning
* Skinable interface
no telefon support
ClamWin Free Antivirus
Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP (English)
ClamWin Free Antivirus comes with an easy installer and open source code at no cost. It features:
* Scanning Scheduler;
* Automatic Virus Database Updates. ClamAV team updates Virus Databases on a regular basis and almost immediately after a new virus/variant is out;
* Standalone Virus Scanner;
* Context Menu Integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer;
* Addin to Microsoft Outlook.
Please note that ClamWin Free Antivirus does not include an on-access real-time scanner, that is, you need to manually scan a file in order to detect a virus. Microsoft Outlook Addin, however will delete a virus-infected attachment automatically.
Windows 2000 and XP (German, English)
NEW Heuristics to detect unknown threats
NEW Scanning and cleaning of the Windows registry
NEW Support for NTFS-ADS scanning
Daily database updates
Patch proof by using strong signatures
Analysis tools (startup, connections and processes)
Scan inside archives
Secure detection and deletion of DLL-Trojans
Generic crypter detection through emulation
Generic binder detection
Free E-Mail Support
Automatic Clean Engine
Quarantine for suspicious files
Multilingual User Interface
Linux, BSD, Solaris SPARC/Solaris x86 und DOS, free for private use (English)
F-Prot Antivirus for DOS is the classic command line scanner for the DOS operating system. Combining experience and latest technology, F-Prot Antivirus for DOS is the ideal second defense antivirus protection. F-Prot Antivirus for DOS is free for personal use and is included with F-Prot Antivirus for Windows.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is compiled with a number of new technologies that are designed to quickly detect, destroy, and prevent malware as viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and malware that are constantly evolving and becoming harder to detect and remove.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista.
- Support for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.
- Light speed quick scanning.
- Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module. (requires registration)
- Database updates released at least once every two days.
- Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware performance.
- A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Command line support for quick scanning.
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand.
McAfee AVERT Stinger:
Stinger is a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations.
VirusBlokAda VBA32 Windows and Linux
VBA32 antivirus has a modern and fast engine able to detect and disinfect all kinds of viruses and malware on hard disks and in mail bases. Additionally, it is possible to scan for viruses in a lot of archive formats. Its advanced heuristics analyzer is able to detect new viruses and other kind of malware, and its very fast cpu emulator with dynamic translation effectively handles highly polymorphic viruses, executable cryptors and packers. VBA32's virus database is updated several times a day, with the internet update using binary delta patches to save bandwidth and time.
To use all the features and have full protection for free you will need to take part in beta versions testing.
o===o===o o===o===o o===o===o
Microsoft: Get special offers from the following software companies for antivirus and firewall packages.
Computer Associates - Free 12-month software subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Antivirus.
F-Secure - 6 Month Free Trial Subscription for F-Secure Anti-Virus!
.... Security software: Downloads and trials: -> here
o===o===o o===o===o o===o===o
more Information about Security-Tools
* wilders.org security advisors
* Free Helper Tools
Protection-Software Definition File Updates
AV Test and Best AV
>> Board-Scout <<